For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Monday, September 29, 2008

2 New Teeth!


Raegan has 2 new teeth! Last night she was sitting in my lap cuddling with me and she put my index finger in her mouth. This is usually what I do to rub her gums when they hurt. I told her to bite down so I could check her teeth. She did and OUCH... I found out the hard way that she now has her top molars. She has cut them a little early. The odd thing is that she has 10 teeth but she is still missing her bottom lateral incisors which usually come in around a year old. Hmm! I'm not worried though. I have heard all kinds of teething sequences. However, she has been an easy teether. Maybe we have just heard so many horror stories that we were prepared for the worst. Remember this is our first time at this parenting thing and we do get a lot of unwarranted advice and tidbits... some of which is very helpful. We don't rule anything out in the beginning.
On another note, I found out recently that a co-worker and friend of mine is expecting again. Her son is about to turn 10 months old. YIKES and the new baby is due in April. Can you say surprised? Shhh! Its still a secret to most people.
My friend Samantha who recently lost her dad only a short week after the birth of her son is due back to work in 2 weeks. We really miss her. She is doing well given all that she has been through. Thank you to those of you who said prayers on her behalf.
The Wheeler family has exciting news.... They are coming home soon. Their time in Guatemala has been very trying. Please pray for a safe return for them. They have dealt with so much lately from moving, to sickness, and stolen purses and diaper bags. Whew! Only God could keep a person sane during all that they have been through.
This week is one of my hardest teaching weeks and luckily just before FALL BREAK! We have class this weekend and then a full week off!!!! :0) YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE! Maybe I can get some projects done around the house before our company comes in for the weekend.
Hope you all have a good week!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You are such loving parents. You will make it through the teething, crying, sick, happy, just any kind of moment because of your loving hearts. You all are truly blessed to have each other. I’m so glad to hear your friend is doing okay; she has been in my prayers daily. It’s such a joy when I can praise God for that prayer request.