For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

Boy how I have started to look forward to my weekends. Don't get me wrong. I really like my kiddos this year. They are an exceptionally sweet bunch of kids. I have 75 students from now until Christmas. Then in January I will get anywhere from 75-95 new ones. Our school runs on the block schedule where students take 4 classes a day for 1 1/2 hrs each day. I really enjoy teaching on the block and most of the students like it after they adjust to it. This type of schedule prepares them for college and allows them opportunities to experience more application of what they have learned in the regular classroom setting.

Tomorrow is my first official class meeting. I am excited, nervous, anxious, and ready to begin this new chapter of my life. I just hope I can keep this same drive for the next 2 yrs. I used to say I would be a professional student if I could afford it. The schedule seems to be such a blessing. My classes are on Friday night and Saturdays. My in-laws are going to keep Raegan extra time on Friday until Scott gets off work and then he can watch her during the day on Saturday. Thank goodness for their support and encouragement. Everyone knows how much this means to me. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

If I could pick a teacher out for my grand ones - you would be the one. I pray they have someone as loving and caring as you are.

Angel said...

Praying all goes well with your classes-Can't wait to hear all about it-Have a blessed weekend!