For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pumpkin carving.

We carved pumpkins tonight. I know its not even October yet but next weekend I have class, and the weekend after that we are having company, and then the weekend after that we have plans to go somewhere, and then the last weekend we have a Halloween party to go to. Whew! Hey, you gotta do it when you can. Since Raegan loves Mickey Mouse I found one in a coloring book and then Scott used it to carve her pumpkin. My plans were to do a Disney castle on one pumpkin and then one of the characters on another one. We have two left. My dad thought Raegan needed to have sooooo many. We just recently went to his farm and picked some out then he called me and said for me to come by that he had a surprise for Raegan. I stopped by to find 10 watermelons and 7 pumpkins waiting for a special little girl to have her pick. She picked the one out that has Mickey on it!!!!!! She LOVES watermelon. It is so funny watching her eat it. She slurps and dribbles it all the way down to the rind. Just the other day she fell asleep in her highchair while eating some.

As if you couldn't tell this little girl brings so much joy to our family. She is truly a blessing to us. I am amazed each day at how much her personality has developed. She is such a little ham. We are always smiling and laughing with her. She has been an easy baby. We are thankful for that.




3 comments:

Debbie said...

Great job carving Micky and the castle! They are so cute. It's never to early to carve pumpkins when you have fun doing it. Who cares what time of year it is???

Amanda said...

In the past I have carved pumpkins with my nephews... I just love it!! I love this time of year!

Ashton said...

They look great!!!! How fun!