For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Friday, September 26, 2008

HOMECOMING!!!!!!

Today is our Homecoming Game and we are so excited. We play Independence High School from Franklin, TN. This week has been fun-filled with dress-up days and float building. Every class builds a float for the Homecoming Parade. The winner gets a cash prize for their class account. They raise money during the time they are in school to go towards their Senior Prom. I hope the sophomores win because they have worked so hard. It will definitely be between the Seniors and the Sophomores......we'll see tonight. We also have "chain wars" where the class who sales the most paper chain links wins the total of all 3 classes to go towards the charity of their choice. Then at half-time the students stretch the chains across the football fields to show how many they have sold. This activity mixes a little friendly competition with the spirit of charitable giving.

Raegan was dancing like crazy at the pep rally. Grandaddy dropped her off at school and I took her with me to the town square where we held a pep rally on the courthouse lawn. The parade goes through town and then finally reaches the square for a pep rally for the entire town. I know all of this seems silly to some but things like this are why I love small town life. There's nothing like it. Everyone celebrates together

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I have always wanted to live in Mayberry - how nice it would be to have aunt Bee living next door. I'm not so sure about Barney as our law enforcement?? Oh well...I can dream. Have fun tonight!

Debbie said...

I forgot to ask you how your friend is doing that lost her loved one? I have her on my prayer list - keep me updated.