For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sew Much Fun!



Sewing can be fun! I have always had a desire to learn how to sew but I have never really pursued it. When I was a little kid my great-grandmother set up her machine and helped me make simple things but I never was able to truly learn how to do it all myself. Scott asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year and I told him that I wanted a sewing machine. I began looking for a user friendly machine. My mom is friends with someone who owns a sewing repair shop so she had him look for a machine for us. He called the other day and we went by to check out what he had. He had found us a reasonably priced older machine which was just what we were looking for. On the other hand, a co-worker of mine told me that she had a machine that she wanted to get rid of b/c it was just taking up space in her house and she never used it. She brought it to me today and guess what.... its almost exactly like the one the man had in his store. The whole time I was so thankful to be getting her old machine but secretly hoping it would be similar to the one that we had looked at from the shop. Wow! How lucky can a girl get?


Anyways, tonight my mom came over and helped me with the machine. She gave me some great pointers that her grandmother taught her. It was nice to spend the time with her and for us to have such a good time together. I practiced sewing a little and even threaded it myself and put a new bobbin in. Don't laugh!!!! I'm learning! I even sewed my name. I can't wait to make some things for Raegan.


Tomorrow marks the 8 year anniversary when Scott and I met and officially became a couple. My where does the time go. Two years after we started dating we were engaged, two years later married, two years later pregnant, and now here we are married a little over 4 1/2 years with a 15 month old little blessing. God has been so good to us. We are looking forward to making it to the big 50 one day.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I have an old sewing machine too. My mom, and grandmother, taught me a few things over the years. I can't wait to make things for Flor too!! Like little sundresses... !!!

Livin' out loud said...

I absolutely LOVE, love, LOVE the new header!!! Time is certainly flying here too, if you figure out a way to slow it down please share :)

Ashton said...

How cool!!! My Mom and Grandma sew and LOVE it!

Rebecca Lily said...

Hi Amy!!

You've WON the baby shoes from Gracious May!! Email me at rebecca30@comcast.net and I will send you details. :)

Here's where I posted your win:

http://uptown-blog.blogspot.com/

Looks like you have a sweet baby girl who will enjoy those little shoes. :)

Blessings,
Rebecca
Uptown Design Studio
www.uptowndesignstudio.com