For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, August 24, 2008

What's going on with us....

This weekend Scott and I have been working on some little projects around the house as well as some personal projects of our own. My dad came over and worked on our refrigerator on Saturday. It has been leaking. Scott worked on the yard and helped his dad with a project for his mom's Sunday School class. I helped dad with the fridge and did laundry. Then Saturday evening we did a little grocery shopping and stocked up on diapers and some other things we needed for Miss Raegan. She is cutting two molars at the same time which are supposed to be her 16-20 month teeth. She is still missing two of her bottom front ones which were supposed to be in around 13 months. I have been getting over sinus/allergy stuff this week. I bet I have sneezed atleast 100 times this last week. Sometimes I think I'm allergic to myself. Ha Ha!

My grandmother took Grandaddy to the neurologist last week only to receive disappointing news that his condition will not likely improve. The doctor said,"he's your baby now, just take him home and take care of him." She is devastated because she kept thinking he would eventually get better. We all felt this way but we were still hopeful. The doctor even mentioned them moving to an assisted living home. She said absolutely not. Aging has crept up on them like a thief in the night, stealing so much from them. Each day I am thankful to have them with us just one more day. Things are not the same but one thing that never changes is that everything is always changing. I guess we just learn to deal with change the best way we can. I pray for healing for them and if that is not to be God's will then at least some comfort and peace of mind during the winter of their lives. I am very saddened and really at a loss to express my true feelings because I know there are so many emotions yet to come. I know that Raegan brings so much joy to them and I will try my best to continue sharing her with them because I know it means so much. They look forward to seeing her. Children can sometimes be the best medicine of all and I will never take that from them. Sometimes I even feel guilty that my weekly visits are not enough. There are times when we are just stretched too thin and pulled in so many directions but we try to make sure that they get to see her. I am forever thankful for all that they have done for me and the guidance and parenting that they have given me over the years. They are so special to me and some of my fondest memories have been made with them.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I know that must be so dificult for you, but I think they are blessed to have you, someone who cares so much for them!

Debbie said...

Since I’m new to your blog, I’m assuming your grand-dad has Dementia/Alzheimer’s?
My dad was diagnosed with that almost a year ago. I take the great grand-ones to visit them every weekend – it is hard sometimes yet always worth it! You’re a good grand-daughter; I will add them to my prayer list.

Ashton said...

Oh I know how hard that must be! I am praying for you and your family!

Jodi said...

It was so sweet to read about your grandparents. Wish I still had mine! They too were part of so many of my memories as a child. Oh, how they would have loved to have met my three children. I think of that quite often and it makes me tear up. Enjoy every minute you have and count your many, many blessings!