For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My little Raegan.

Raegan has learned so much over the past few weeks..... Here are some of the recent things she is doing. She has learned that she is funny and she knows exactly how to make us laugh. She loves to dance and shake her booty as we call it. She has learned to turn the TV on with the remote. Too funny! She can identify many objects in books and point to them upon our request. She can also identify her eyes, ears, nose, and tummy, as well as mine. If you ask her where someone is she will walk over to them and pat them on the chest. She has learned to say Grandad and dog pretty well along with this and that. The other day she told my mom "get"... Mom didn't understand what she meant and Raegan finally said "get that" and pointed to what she wanted. She ask who's that to our pictures. Then we tell her to find someone and she points to the pictures, especially pictures of her cousins. She loves Elmo, Mickey, dolls, and clothes. She knows how to undress and partially dress herself. She puts every article of clothing on her head. This makes for interesting wardrobe combinations. She loves music and listens to her music player daily. Often times she changes the songs until she finds her favorite ones and then she puts the player down and dances. She can drive her little 4-wheeler. She climbs. She knocks on the door when you're in a room with the door shut. No privacy anymore. Definitely no long soaks in the tub anymore. Ha Ha! Bath time and brushing her teeth are two of her favorite night time routines. She keeps us busy but we are having the time of our lives. I really never imagined it would be this much fun. We always heard how becoming a parent was so time consuming and that you never have time for anything else. This has not been the case with us. We just load her up and she goes where we go. We rarely leave her except when we go to work. There are a few things that we can't do but really we don't miss it much. We both just love spending our time with her. I know things will probably change if we have more children but I believe so much of what you make out of life has to do with your attitude. Having the right attitude just makes everything much more enjoyable.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

This is such a sweet blog – the love you have for your daughter shines through your words. Unfortunately so many parents (especially young parents) let the “things” of this world take priority over their children. I agree with you – I also load my grand ones up and take them any and everywhere I get the chance. I couldn’t imagine leaving them behind or missing out on those “discoveries” of their little life. I can just tell you are a great mom!

Amanda said...

I agree with Debbie! I know you have to be such a great mom and I'm sure Raegan can feel that love in every way!!

Such a sweet post!