For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Enjoying a beautiful weekend!

The weather has been so beautiful this weekend. I welcome it since we were out of school for snow last week and then we are supposed to have colder weather next week. It was 75 degrees today! I can't wait until summer. I am looking forward to Raegan's first trip to the beach. What will she think about all that sand? Will she like the ocean? I bet she will love the birds. Wow! Vacation will be here before we know it and then she will be a year old. Time is really flying.

Sometimes I take a step back and look at my family and realize how wonderful it is to have so many special people in my life. I am blessed with a wonderful husband who is the love of my life and then of course Raegan who is my very own little piece of heaven, but there are others in my life........ My grandmother is the strongest person I know both literally and figuratively. She takes such good care of my grandaddy. He is still having a rough time and she continues to coach him through despite the tribulations that come their way. Grandaddy is so in love with Raegan but then again he always was with me. We are his girls! He looks forward to our daily conversations and weekly visits and he says that's what keeps him going. My baby brother is not my baby anymore. He'll be 21 on Wednesday. He's always seemed like my child and my brother in one. He is loving being an uncle! My mom has come a long way to, working two jobs to keep up and establish herself again. She calls Raegan her favorite granddaughter which is what my grandaddy always calls me since I'm the only one. As most little girls are...... I am a daddy's girl. I am so happy that he has a new love in his life. Patty is a wonderful woman and he deserves to spend the rest of his life being happy with her. My in-laws also referred to as the babysitters are in charge of docking Raegan's pay when she's late to work. They are so great with her and she is learning so much by staying with them and not being in daycare. They deserve kudos for keeping my little one so I can have the best of both worlds..... be a mommy and a teacher. I am forever grateful for their sacrifice. Last but not least are the two little men in my life and their little sister Sophie. Tyler and Jacob are growing up fast. It seems like only yesterday they were crawling around sticking their little fingers under the bathroom door and crying because I just couldn't get done fast enough. I remember when Jacob told his momma that he was staying home on vacation if Uncle Scotty and Aunt Amy weren't coming. Sheri said they wouldn't hardly go to sleep that night and then they woke us up at 5:30 the next morning, so excited that we had finally gotten there. Sheri and Bart have done a good job with the boys and now they have a beautiful little girl to love. She will be one on the first day of spring.

No comments: