For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Monday, October 20, 2008

Reflections

These last few weeks have been so busy for us. I am getting back into the school routine after fall break and have started a before/afterschool tutoring program that will last for the next 6 weeks. We have had probably at least 4 or more meetings a week plus many doctor's appointments for Raegan and myself. It's that time of year!

This weekend we spent 2 days at the Bell Buckle craft show in Bell Buckle, TN. It is a crafter's paradise. About 80,000-100,000 people attend and there are streets upon streets of crafts and miscellaneous things for sell. The food is delicious. We usually go to the "World's Longest Yard Sale" but this is so much better. Everything is in one small town and you are able to just walk around. It's like Mayberry! The weather was pleasant and we all enjoyed ourselves.

I have been sewing some and have made 2 dresses recently. One is for Raegan and the other is a gift. I am getting better but I still have so much improvement to make. A friend and I are thinking about signing up for a sewing class together. She has more experience than me but still considers herself a novice. I think it will be fun!

My sweet girl is growing so fast. She is such a sweet child and I adore her sweet spirit. She is the happiest child I have ever seen. The 3 of us have a lot of fun together. I hope she remembers all these fun times when she grows up. I have so many happy childhood memories and she seems to be a girl after my own heart. She just loves LIFE. Babydolls are still her favorite toy. She even takes her baby to the doctor when we go and she takes the shots like a BIG girl so that her baby doesn't have to cry. Isn't that so sweet.

Well this started out to be a short post but ended up kind of wordy. Blogging is a time for me to reflect and I guess I had a lot of catching up to do. Have a good rest of the week.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You need to take a picture of those dresses and show us your work. I use to love to sew - years ago when my eyes were better and I had more time than now. Make sure you check out my Monday blog about the dress giveaway. You already have the new shoes!