For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Friday, June 27, 2008

A special friend with a Heart of Gold.

My BFF Alie has the biggest heart of anyone I know. She and her husband have taken in his sister's 3 kids for the summer until she can get her life back together. The stay is supposed to be temporary but for now they are just taking care of them until further notice. Alie has rearranged her schedule so that she works at the hospital (as a CCU nurse) on the weekend so that she can be home through the week with the kids. He works as a pharmacy tech and as a pastor to a church that they have started in their neighborhood. They actually sold their home and moved closer so that they could minister to the mostly unchurched, hispanic population that lives in the neighborhood. They have always enjoyed the children that live there and have taken a special interest in their well-being. Both of them have traveled to Belize on mission trips and even considered adoption from there. Last fall they became pregnant but lost both babies. Yes, they were unexpectedly expecting twins. She says they still desire a family of their own but have put it on hold for now because of caring for the other kids. She said it was like going from none to 3 overnight and she just doesn't know how she could handle a fourth child right now. What a beautiful, big heart she has. She says that they will be there until God calls them elsewhere. I will continue praying for her and her family that they may continue to rejoice in the many blessings and continue to serve God in so many ways. I praise them for their humble hearts and selfless compassion for those who need them most, God's children. I love you guys, and I am so proud of you.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

thanks for sharing their story... they sound like God's soldiers!

Thanks for the sweet comment too!

Amanda said...

I don't think I am. I have a family thing (early 4th get together) and we'll hopefully swim all aftenoon, if the weather gets better!! Have a great day!!