For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Monday, June 30, 2008

Getting Ready for the Big Day!

Can you believe it. Our little girl will be one on Saturday. We are so excited for her! She has truly been a great baby. I mean we couldn't have asked for a better child. When I ask her daddy if he thinks we'll ever have anymore he simply says, "It doesn't get any better than that," and smiles at her. He has changed so much with the birth of our daughter. I have seen a sense of pride come over him since then. He is her protector and he feels an obligation to keep her safe. He has really stepped up to the role of Daddy and I think he is following a wonderful example. He has been taught well. For those of you who don't know him ..... you're really missing knowing someone special.

We have ordered Raegan's cake and have somewhat decided on the food and snacks for her party. Most of the gifts are wrapped and ready to go. We are expecting several out of town guests and many family members to be there with a multitude of cousins and friends' kids. My dad has a pool so when he offered to have her party at his house we couldn't resist! It ought to be interesting!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I can't wait to see pics of the party!!

I'm glad you went to Flint River instead!!