For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mom came home from the hospital.

Mom went to stay with my aunt Trisha for a few days. She is still showing side effects from the medication and will need quite a bit of help until the confusion clears up. I know it will be hard on them both and I am grateful to have Trisha's support. Mom could've stayed here but all of our extra bedrooms are upstairs and we are leaving for vacation this weekend. Others have offered to care for her while I'm gone so in a few days she may stay with another aunt. They also have bedrooms upstairs so maybe by the time she goes to stay with them she will be healed enough to get up and around like normal.

Raegan will be 11 months old tomorrow. Wow! Its hard to believe. I am so happy that she will be walking so well on her first trip to the beach. I can't begin to tell you how excited we are to be going. Vacations are definitely not something we take for granted and spending this trip with her will make it forever memorable. Before I go, I have to tell you what our little smart girl is doing. She won't talk much but she does do something extra special to show favor. At first she just held out her hand towards people to show that she liked them and expected a kiss on the hand but nothing more. Now she stretches both arms as far back behind her as she can to mean " I love you this much". For a little while I have been telling her that I love her and then saying I love you this much and stretching my arms out.......well she caught on and now sometimes you will see her do it and other times you have to tell her first and then she responds. It is the cutest thing I've ever seen and it just melts my heart.

No comments: