For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We are so busy!

With only three days left of school, we have been so busy. Exams start tomorrow and then we have a half day of school on Friday. I am so siked about spending the summer with my baby girl. She is so much fun at this age but I have to say that she is already hard to keep up with. We can pretty much say that she is walking exclusively. She still falls some but she has made so much progress in the last few days. I said today that it is bittersweet because watching her grow is amazing but it seems like she is growing too fast.

Mom had a surgical procedure yesterday and the findings were worse than anticipated. She will have more appointments and tests run this week to prepare for a major operation on May 30th. Please pray that the operation is successful and so is her recovery. I am also hoping that things with her job will go smoothly as there is some concern about the time that she has already taken off and the possibility of losing her job or worse her insurance coverage. She will have a femoral artery bypass from her aorta which is a tedious surgery and she is expected to be hospitalized for about a week.

Grandaddy had eye surgery today and everything went well. His vision will be blurry due to the swelling but should be much better in a couple of days. They expect to do the other eye in a few weeks when this one has had more time to recoup. It seems like the doctor would have done them both at the same time but he said he wouldn't be able to see at all for a few days if he did that. It will be hard enough for him to get around with one eye much less both impaired.

Scott and I are so ready to feel the sand between our toes. We have always loved vacation and this year it will be so rewarding to take our daughter with us. Tonight as I got Raegan ready for bed we were playing with her and I asked him if he thought this is what we would be doing eight years ago when we first met. We both laughed and said we wouldn't change it for the world. We are just in awe at where we are in life now and the journey that has led us to this point. God is good.

No comments: