For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary to my grandparents!

These two people share the most beautiful, loving relationship in the world. They deserve the utmost praise for setting such a wonderful example of how marriage should be. I am so proud that I have been able to witness the love and commitment that they share. I am eager to follow in their footsteps and celebrate 53 years one day with my own best friend and husband.

My Grandaddy will celebrate his 74th Birthday on Friday and I thank God for allowing us the privilege of celebrating yet another year of his life. Aging has been tough on him but he is playing the cards that he has been dealt well and I commend him for persevering through the pain that he deals with on a daily basis just to make it one more day. However, I know that God has plans for him and I am thankful that he has blessed me with so many days with them. They have loved me and cared for me in ways that most grandparents never get the chance to experience. I just can't find the words to express my true gratitude for them. They are wonderful people and I am glad that my sweet Raegan is getting to know them. They are so proud and excited to be great-grandparents.

No comments: