For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Operation: De-clutter

After an unexpected day off on Friday, we officially started Operation: De-clutter. I went to school as usual to find firetrucks and police everywhere. Apparently, man called in a bomb threat so we got the day off. Raegan had her 18 month check-up in the afternoon. She is cutting her stomach teeth. YUCK!!!! She hasn't felt well but she's a trooper. She is still in the 25th percentile for height and weight. The doctor said that she seems to be above average in her skills and she was surprised about her potty training. She is learning new words but is still relying on signing for some communication. We are using it less so she is talking more. This week she has been saying Uh Oh , Uh huh, and Uh Uh alot more. Of course the usual dog, baby, momma, and daddy. She is learning "if you're happy and you know it," but for now her favorites are still the Itsy Bitsy Spider and Little Bunny Foo Foo. This girl loves to sing songs. Today, I heard her and Daddy saying A-B-C-D. That's as far as they got.

We have been busy with Operation: De-clutter. I did my closet earlier this week and then we tackled the bathroom closet and Raegan's bedroom and closet. I re-organized the toys, books, and clothes. We packed up so many things to put in the attic. I know that one day Raegan will probably have a baby brother or sister so I just can't throw away her old stuff yet. I am ridding myself of some of my pack-rat ways though. I have bagged up some of my clothes to take for donation and I've already given some away. As soon as we do every room downstairs then we're moving to the upstairs. One room has already been done but I have another bedroom to tackle and of course the catch-all attic. This week we plan to re-arrange the living room furniture and that will complete the downstairs. My muscles are so sore. I think my mind was much more ambitious than my body. Poor Scott... I have worked him to death. Besides the usual week-to-week household chores and our de-cluttering projects, he has helped me with the laundry. We have washed every stitch of dirty laundry in the house. Now for the usual household of 3 that wouldn't be much but we were way behind. My washer and dryer were on the brink of breaking down just before Christmas and well they finally gave in so I've had lots to catch up on. It's nice to have EVERYTHING clean but I didn't realize that I would have a hard time finding places for all of it. Go figure, can you tell it's been a while since I've had an empty hamper. Ha Ha!!

Hope you all have a great week! We will busy as usual and trying to get back into our work routines again. I am soooooo missing being home everyday with my baby girl!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

It sounds like you have been a very busy girl. I have so much I need to de-clutter that I'm not sure where I would start. If your done maybe you could just do mine for me.

Amanda said...

wanna come do my house next??!?

I bet she sounds so sweet singing!

~Laura~ said...

Thanks for the prayers. Lord knows I need them. I'm a wreck lately. :)