For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bagpipes playing in the distance

Raegan keeps telling us how much she loved the bagpipes, except she calls them the bigpipes. Too cute! Today we attended the memorial service for my Uncle George who lost his battle to brain cancer. The service was beautiful with eloquent eulogies and of course bagpipes. Afterwards we congregated at the Pitts Family Farm for the spreading of his ashes. He never was a dull man and his memorial service depicted that well. His ashes were spread over the farm by way of an airplane and bagpipes played in the distance. Raegan was awakened by the many sounds and she hasn't stopped talking about them all day. Death is never easy but it doesn't have to be eternal. I look forward to the day that I will see my loved ones who have passed on before me. I think about the wonders of Heaven and being in the presence of the one and only Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior. One day we will rejoice as perfect, sinless beings. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: