For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Update on Us!

Well we have a new puppy! Took him to the vet Friday and he weighs 1.10 lbs at 7 1/2 weeks. He's a long-haired applehead chihuahua. Raegan has named him Smokey! He's so UGLY he's cute. I've taken a few pics but haven't uploaded them yet.

We took Raegan to pick out a halloween costume and she picked out a pink butterfly outfit even though she was originally set on being a bumblebee. PINK won her over! I had already bought a bee costume at Party City for $30 but it turned out to be cheap made so we took it back today and went to Old Navy instead and found the butterfly. It turned out to be $16 on sale.....Yeah!

I had class this weekend and it is going to kick my Bootay! I have to read 5 books in about a month and a half and write papers on 4 of them and give a presentation in 3 weeks on the other one. As luck would have it none of the bookstores had a copy so I had to order them online and wait on shipping. I was hoping to atleast get started on one of them. I like to read but I'm not a super fast reader and especially not when it comes to "educational" books. This is supposed to be the easy class. I have another one next weekend. YIKES! I'm nervous already.

Tomorrow we are having a memorial service for my uncle who lost his battle with brain cancer. All of our family has come in from Georgia . This time spent with family will be bittersweet. Losing loved ones is nevery easy.

Next week Scott starts the drill field portion of his training. He is excited to be taking a break from the classroon rigor but I know this part of the training will be physically exhausting for him. I am so proud of him for making it this far and doing so well. He will graduate Rookie school in November and then will start EMT class after that. He is expected to complete the training in January and start shift work soon thereafter.

No comments: