For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Just going through the motions

It seems that we have been much busier than usual with day-to-day living. Scott is closer to finishing Rookie school which will end Nov. 20th and then he will have EMT school until mid Jan. I am mid-semester in grad school and this has been a tough one to say the least with more assignments than normal. Raegan is growing up fast. She is so active. Her favorite activity of the week is her Puggles class at church which she begs to go to. She is becoming more independent by the day which only reminds me of how precious time with her is. Work has so many challenges with the new curriculum and new staff members, insufficient materials and a rapid pace. Some days it just seems like I'm going through the motions. I have had writer's block and virtually too many responsibilities to tend to that I haven't been able to slow down and post. Grandaddy used to refer to this as burning the candle at both ends. He always reminded me to slow down and take things in...something I have definitely been neglecting to do. I am looking forward to the holidays even though they will be tough. I have done early Christmas shopping so that when the time comes I'll be able to just sit back and relax and take it all in. YEAH right but hey a girl can dream can't she. I do find it less stressful to have the shopping out of the way though! Hope its not Christmas before I get another chance to post but by then maybe things will be a little less hectic around here.

No comments: