For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another Busy Week

This week has been busy at work. I am doing a 3-day lab with my students. My copier is broken and we're still waiting on our teaching materials. The other teachers are beginning to get the hang of things which makes my job easier. We have 4 new ones to the dept. this year and that makes me the veteran mentor. I love working with new teachers but this year has been filled with many unusual challenges. Progress reports go out this week and then finally a school holiday on Monday. Yipppee!!!!

Scott has a tough week of studying ahead with a state test on Friday. He has been working very hard and I am so proud of him. He is counting down the weeks until graduation. We have adjusted to the changes in the schedule which was such a fear for us in the beginning. Today, we laughed at the fact that we feel "old" going to bed before the news comes on and still being tired in the morning.

Raegan has enjoyed some extra time with my dad (Papa) and Grammy because Grandaddy has had to be with his family this week. Unfortunately on Saturday Scott's aunt passed away unexpectedly and her funeral was today. Raegan has enjoyed her time on the farm visiting the he he's ( horses), moo cows, and goats. Every afternoon she screams bye-byes and night-night sentiments to the barnyard brood. It's the cutest thing in the world.

Today is our nephew Tyler's 9th birthday. Every year that he is another year older marks another year of Scott and I being together. He was only a month old when we officially started dating. I remember when he was little and he would ask me all the details of his babyhood. He loved for me to tell stories about the silly things he did and how he was practically joined at my hip. I couldn't even get out of his sight. Man how time flies. We think back to how we miss those days. Scott and I dressed up as clowns for his first birthday party and we blew up about 100 balloons with a helium tank......then he was scared of us. Imagine that!!!!

We are looking forward to the long weekend....LC Football, the Bell Buckle Cook-off, and then to the zoo or the aquarium. We haven't decided. I am trying to talk Scott into an overnight trip for just the 3 of us but I'm not sure he is going to go for it. I know that my school will be right around the corner and it will soon be too cool to do some of the things that we missed out on this summer. So, I hope it all works out and we can just enjoy each other.

No comments: