For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Break Eve Countdown

We have had a busy week at work getting ready for Spring Break. Its the end of the grading period. Meetings have kept me busy at work all week. I've had projects due for my class and to top it off we've all had the stomach bug recently. Things have been a little crazy around here. Tomorrow is Spring Break Eve and I cannot tell you how glad I am to be spending a whole week off with my baby girl. Need I mention that she's not a baby anymore. She's a grown up trapped in a tiny body. She amazes me so much at how fast she's learning. Sometimes I truly underestimate her abilities. She's smart, funny, and so full of energy. I've often said that I'm her cheerleader for life and I totally believe that. Children are so impressionable. We spend so much time trying to mold them into what we want them to be instead of just teaching them and then accepting and loving them for who they turn out to be. Don't get me wrong... I have high expectations for her, maybe sometimes too high. I just want her to be proud of herself and confident in her own skin. Raegan, you will always be momma's baby girl. Know that I will always love you for who you are. I am proud every day just because I get the privilege of being your mommy. Someone said recently that to love a child is not something that is ever earned and since it isn't earned then it will never diminish because of any unfavorable circumstance.

2 comments:

hello somebody said...

Very well said! I believe that is one of the greatest gifts we can give our children. Good job little momma!

Debbie said...

You are such a good mother - she is a very blessed little girl to have you.