For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Monday, March 30, 2009

Busy week ahead.

Wow this week ought to be interesting! My dad is out of town so my brother and I are helping take care of my grandparents. He called tonight requesting haircuts for my Grandaddy and himself. When your almost 75 yr old Grandaddy has a request..... well you do whatever it takes. Raegan and I cooked them dinner and then I cut their hair. You would have thought Grandaddy was getting ready for a date..... it was the cutest thing and we teased him about not staying out too late. He got a big kick out of it, even though he really doesn't go anywhere. I told him that if he stayed out too late we'd pull the string in. Now I know most of you don't know what that means but to us its a classic Grandaddy joke that he used to tell us when we were teenagers wanting to stay out late. Back in the old days (when he was a teen) they didn't have door locks. Instead, they had a hole in the door with a string. When he got home he knew he was locked out if they had already pulled the string in.......which sometimes meant sleeping outside on the porch. I wonder if we practiced that today would it encourage kids to be home by curfew.

This week I start before/after school remediation which will be ongoing for the next 5 weeks to prepare our kids for the state Biology test. I will add 2 hours a day to my teaching/ work day as well as do the ACT administering on Saturday. Scott is still training to pass the physical part of the Firefighter test. He has passed the written portion and now is eligible for the physical test which requires the completion of a rigorous obstacle course in 10 minutes. Did I mention while wearing 75 lbs. for part of it and 50 lbs. for the other half. He has been working with his dad daily and they are planning to set up a mach course this weekend. The test is next Tuesday. He's only had 2 weeks to prepare. YIKES!!! I'm nervous for him.

Raegan is talking more and more every day and I continue to be amazed by all that she can say and do. She is very quiet and laid back most of the time but when she warms up to you then she is wide-open. She really takes after us so much. We are trying hard to teach her some manners. She is saying please, thank you, and ma'am but its a work in progress. We are trying to teach her as we go....don't know if its the best but you live and learn.

We have so much going on this week that I think I will need to schedule a nap. Who knows....maybe 2 naps. Even though I have more responsibilities to take care of than I could've ever imagined, I am thankful that God has provided me the means to care for my family and their needs. One day the tables will be turned. I will be a little slower, a little older, my hair a little more gray, my spirit a little more broken and I hope that when that time comes that someone will love and care for me unconditionally. Time is a precious gift.

No comments: