For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow day but no snow...

Ahhhhhhh! Enjoying a day off from work with my sweetheart. It snowed yesterday and we got the day off today for "weather". I'm not complaining.

Raegan is talking up a storm. She is repeating everything we say. Even though some of the things she says is a little distorted we can still understand them. She keeps calling the dog Mae but her name is Macey. She can also say Memaw which made her very happy. Last night she got on the phone and said sing Momma. My heart just melted. I think my favorite is Please. Now if I could just get her to say Thank you with all those requests. She has cut her stomach teeth completely and is still cutting her eye teeth. Potty training is still a work in progress. She is exclusively in pull-ups now but I'm just not brave enough to let her go all day in real underwear. It seems like she is growing way too fast. I was holding her last night telling her about when she was a little baby and how tiny she was compared to now. She loves for me to tell her about being a baby which is a little sad because she doesn't see herself as one anymore. Instead, she plays momma wrapping her babies up in their blankies and caring for them. She begs to have her nails painted and play dress up. Where did that time go? People see how big she's getting and always inquire when there will be another one. I'm still in grad school right now so we're still waiting until that task is complete but it doesn't get far from our thoughts.

No comments: