For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Friday, November 28, 2008

Shopped til' we dropped!

We are pooped from shopping. I have never battled the crowd on Black Friday... nor did I really this year. I left my house at a few minutes til 5 this morning went to Wal-Mart to get Scott a blu-ray player that was on sale for Christmas and then was back home in bed by 5:30. How's that for shopping? He went hunting and Raegan and I snuggled for a few more hours. When he got home around 10:30 then we all got ready and went back out to finish our Christmas shopping! Wooooo hooooooooo! We FINISHED! I hate the rush of the holidays so I was thankful (no pun intended) to get my shopping done early. Whew! What a stress relief. I even bought everything down to the wrapping paper and gift bags for each present. Now if I could get someone to just decorate my tree. Christmas decorations ought to be really interesting this year with a little helper. I am so excited about this Christmas....probably more than I've ever been in my life. Experiencing the holidays with Raegan is like being a kid all over again. Being an adult can be so boring sometimes. She just brings out the kid in me....in all of us! Her day to day expressions are just priceless. We are taking our family Christmas pictures next week so I am hoping to get some really good ones. I'll post as soon as we get them.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hello my friend, seems as if it's been a year since reading your blog. The holiday's are wonderful yet always busy. Kaylin was my little shopping buddy this year. We had such a great time and she was really a good little trooper. Good luck with the tree - show me some pictures.

Livin' out loud said...

Kids MAKE the holidays!! Make sure you give her a box to play with this Christmas...when our son was 1 yr old his favorite present was a unopened package of socks!
Susan