For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, November 16, 2008

One week until Thanksgiving Break!!!!!

It seems as if the work weeks and the weekends are just running together. Where does the time go? Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner and I feel less prepared for the holidays than I've ever felt. Atleast I have started my shopping but usually by this time of year I have all the gifts bought and wrapped. That was prior to having a child though. Ha Ha! All of Raegan's gifts are bought and I've almost decided what to get Scott. I'm having a hard time. After this many years together we run out of creative ideas. We still have to get some other things for those hard to buy for family members on our list but we have done most of the shopping. I really like to get it done early so that I can enjoy the holidays with my family. I BELIEVE what is most important about celebrating together is spending time with the ones you love the most. I read on someone's blog recently.... We may not have it all together, but together we have it all. This speaks volumes of truth to me.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Where has the time gone? As I get older it seems to shorten - I always heard people say it would happen and guess what? It does. You are right - spend every second you have with those you love!

Amanda said...

my family doesn't really give gifts anymore. we did buy gifts for the little ones last year, but this year I don't think we are. we just get together and celebrate Jesus' birth... my stepmom even makes a cake and we sing happy birthday to Jesus!!