For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Update on our BIG day!!

Scott went to his interview this morning. He feels really good about it. We should hear something back in a few weeks if he gets an offer. There are only 34 positions open and over 100 applicants. (1400 originally) Whew!!!!! I know it is out of our hands but its hard not to think about it.

Raegan got a great report at the dentist. She only cried a little bit at first but she loved brushing her teeth for them and showing off her smile. It also helped that she got a new toothbrush and got her picture made with the "tooth fairy". Then they let her pick out a prize. We went to lunch to celebrate and took her to feed the duck ducks.

We topped off the day with a trip to the hospital to see Grandaddy. He has made tremendous improvements over the last several days. Even though a feeding tube was a hard thing to handle we know it is best for him. The surgery took less time than expected and he was back in his room in only 45 minutes. I was unable to be there b/c of Raegan's dentist appt. and the fact that the surgery wasn't really scheduled for a certain time so it couldn't be planned around.

This busy day kept us going but it gave me little time to think about .....what if. Sometimes staying busy is an unexpected blessing. Thanks my dear friends for checking in on me and for praying for my family. You all mean so much.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

They should make trips to the dentist that much fun for us older ones.... we might not mind going. I'm glad you had such a good day and enjoyed each moment.

~Laura~ said...

saw Scott's good news on Sherri's facebook. So excited for you guys. We still haven't heard anything. :/ I'll keep you posted!