For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Seeking joy in the small things.....

I am just trying to seek joy in the small things....like spending time with my precious family, loving my child and husband, and enjoying the beauty of each new day. These last few weeks have been a little hectic and are soon going to be even busier. I continue to work more hours each week with parent conferences, ballgames, and day to day duties. I have atleast two 12-14 hour days a week. In mid October, I will begin my remedial program for students to prepare for the fall test. This past week I was approached and asked to be the administrator over ACT testing at our school. Although thrilled about the opportunity, I don't think I can manage any more on my plate. Keeping up with what I have to do now is challenging enough. Later this month we will have a meeting about another grad. school program that I am interested in. If I go back to school again then this will definitely be my last degree for a while. I aspire to one day earn my doctorate but right now it just doesn't seem within reach. However, I am still young and you never know what God has in store for me.

Raegan is doing excellent! We love her school. Despite being the baby in her class, she is achieving and excelling. Her teacher tells us each week that she is doing great. Her favorite part is reciting her Bible verse each week. She has become even more independent than she was before. She is making many new friends. This week we took her to the fair and she loved it. It was hard to keep up with her. I thought she would be afraid of the rides but I was wrong. "We" rode until we(I) just couldn't go anymore. LOL! She loved the demolition derby and the cotton candy.

Mom will be having surgery on the 29th and 30th. It is such an extensive surgery that it will have to be split into two days. There is a higher mortality rate this time due to the nature of the operation. She is really scared but knows that it is her only option as the doctors gave her 6-12 months to live without it. We would appreciate your prayers. The doctors anticipate a lengthy hospital stay with much of the time spent in ICU. She will be off from work for approximately 3 months. She has blocked stints in her femoral artery and will need a bypass and possible stint replacement. Thank God for my sweet family for helping us all plan ahead and get through this. Never understimate the value of your loved ones near or far. We have some family coming in from out of town as well as those who are close by pitching in to help. My dad and my grandmother are helping as much as they can even though my parents have been divorced for over 20 years. My husband and his parents are showing unwavering love and support. Thank you God for all of these special people in our lives.

In the midst of my mother's ordeal I have a CT scan and if everything is going well with her after surgery then I will be having my ear surgery at the end of the same week. This was planned so that I can recover over Fall Break and so I will be well enough to help her by the time she gets out of the hospital. I am anxious and nervous about everything that is going on but fully reliant on God to get me through. Last week Raegan was assigned one of my favorite verses.....I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Thank you Lord for speaking to me so clearly and showing your presence in my time of need.

No comments: