For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Please be praying for our family...

My mother had two knots come up on her legs and she returned to the vascular surgeon since the knots were close to her previous surgery sites. She went to the doctor and they said that the stints are blocked and will have to be removed and replaced. She goes next week for an MRI and a CAT scan to check for more blockages and to have her brain checked. She has so much trouble with her short term memory as a result of poor circulation from the blockages. Please pray for her surgery and healing.

I went to the ENT yesterday after dealing with an ear infection for the last month. I took very strong antibiotics and steroids but they did not work. I will do another round of steroid/antibiotic combinations for the next 2 weeks. I have oral meds and drops. Then I will have a CT scan to check for bone damage. Then they will schedule surgery. I need another tube in the left ear and reconstruction in the right ear. The CT scan will determine if I need a mastoidectomy where they drill the bone just behind the ear from the ouside. They will repair the perforation in the ear drum and check for cholesteatomas (benign tumor growths). They will repair the retraction pockets in the drum. I have never had an external surgery to the ear where they cut from the outside. My previous 7 surgeries have all been through the ear canal and invisible to others. I am praying for restoration of my hearing and for quick healing from the surgeries. The doctor is leaning towards the external surgery which means a longer recovery time for which I will possibly be out of work. I am trying to get everything scheduled for fall break so that I won't miss too much.

No comments: