For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Trip to the fire station

So we all loaded up today and went to see Station 3, Scott's first assignment and to meet the guys on his shift. Low and behold the captain working today recognized me from childhood. He even remembered my name without being told....its only been like 20 something years. It turns out that our family farms are right beside each other. He and my dad were friends growing up and he remembered me taking my first steps...talk about a small world after all. Then of course he asked how in the world I got mixed up with the Clemons crew and we all laughed. Raegan had everyone wrapped around her little finger. Everyone just kept talking to her and she was enthralled that they let her "drive" the firetruck. They even gave her a beanie baby bunny before she left. Everyone seemed exceptionally nice and would be great to work with. Unfortunately, all the guys on this shift are moving to another station so who knows who will actually be there. There are still so many details to be worked out with placing the new rookies. Scott will officially start on Wednesday. This station was not his first pick but he is very pleased and thankful to be finished with training and actually going to work. It has actually been a year since he started the whole process and 6 months since he started the training. Wow!!!! What a journey this has been!

2 comments:

jolly arora said...

hi,
your blog is so beautiful.....
thanks for sharing
Aman Toor
Linux

tyo said...

tq