For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Thursday, July 16, 2009

How we're doing....

My sweet little girl is growing up fast. She is 33 in. tall and weighs 25 1/2 pounds. I took her for the 2 yr checkup on July 10th. She was sooooo good at the doctor's office. I can't believe she is 2! She is an absolute blessing to all of us. Her vocabulary continues to blossom. She can really talk BIG now. She counts and sings her ABC's with a little help. We are working on potty training to finally rid ourselves of pull-ups. She is doing well considering all the inconsistencies that the summer has entailed with my Grandaddy's care. We are hoping to establish a sound routine before she goes back to Grandmomma and Grandaddy's house. Sadly, school starts back in a couple of weeks. I wish I could stay home with her a little longer. Just so I could hear her say. "Momma, lets snuggle," at naptime. She is always HAPPY with a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eye. She's a charmer and has a personality that is out of this world. Scott says she's just like me. I am flattered and humbled. Especially that after almost 9 years together he still feels this way. We are truly best friends. Time has strengthened us and our marriage. Simply put, we just enjoy each other. We have fun, no matter what we're doing. He has put in his 2 week notice and will finish this job next Friday. Tomorrow, we go for orientation and he begins firefighter training on August 3rd. We are excited about the changes but we know that they will take some getting used to. The schedule will be the toughest for us and Raegan to get used to but it will be worth it. I am so proud of him and I love him with all of my heart.

No comments: