For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

First of all .... I am so far behind on my posting. Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you all enjoyed good times with those who mean the most to you. We shared an enjoyable day with family at our house exchanging gifts and eating delicious food. My greatest joy was to see my daughter love on my Grandaddy. We have waited almost 18 long months for this day and it couldn't have come on a more special day. What an example of innocence. She probably hugged and kissed him 5 times. We cried at the sight of this. He's not in the best of health and it has affected him so much physically and mentally. Sometimes he tells me that he lives another day just to see Raegan and that one day she will love him back. That is so hard on me because I cannot make her show him attention like she does everyone else. She is usually very reluctant to sit in his lap or give kisses but today she let her guard down and didn't hold anything back. With the reassurance of my brother ( Her favorite Uncle Alex) by her side she loved on Grandaddy with all of her might and that was the best Christmas gift of all. Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

Livin' out loud said...

Isn't that the sweetest! I remember feeling the same way when my littlest met her Great Grandma for the first time, she is my shy one and I feared she would not show all of her loving self freely. There is something special indeed to see your Grandparent holding your child. I am glad you had such a wonderful holiday (I knew you would!!!) Blessings to you all fo rthe New Year!
Susan