For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Catching up!

What a busy week we've had. I haven't had time to post. So, what's new with us. Well I took Raegan for her 9 month checkup yesterday and she weighs 19 lbs. 5 ounces and is 27 1/2 inches long. She is in the 5oth percentile for height and weight and 25th for her head size. This was a visit without shots thank goodness. Her growth is good and the doctor said she had reached all of her developmental milestones and then some. While waiting for the doctor I was playing with Raegan and laying her back in my lap. I noticed two white spots in her mouth and guess what...she is getting her top two front teeth. I just looked 2 days ago and there wasn't anything there. Now you can really see them. Then today she took 3 steps from the floor to the coffee table. How exciting! Little girl, you continue to amaze us every day.

My mom has been back and forth to the doctor for tests on her hand and legs. She has to have at least two procedures to take care of the problems. There is a benign calcified tumor on her wrist and then she has a blockage in her left femoral artery and 3 in her right. They are not expecting clots, just plaque buildup but nonetheless she is in pain and very worried about it all. Please pray for her.

Grandaddy fell this week and knocked a knot on his head that you really could almost "hang a basketball on." He used to tell Alex and I that when we were little. He seems to be okay now but he does still have black eyes. Scott and I managed to get their grass cut but it needs it again.

I gave the ACT this morning and then we looked at the antique tractors at the show on campus. Yesterday my principal said that the Motlow College director was wanting me to teach a Biology lab class for them this summer. I told him that I might be interested but that I was going back to school myself this summer so we'd have to see. When I told Scott, he was so excited! I was really surprised. He as been so supportive with me and teaching. I can't be happier because I have a career that allows me to be a professional and still do the most important things in life...... be a mom and a wife. I am so grateful to those who make it possible for me. Thank you.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hi! i just saw your comment on the Wheeler's blog. i'm from hazel green, al., but live in huntsville now... so i just thought i'd drop by and say hi!!