For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The First Day Of School



Well the first day of school got off to a great start until.... I had to leave her all by herself for the first time. All she has been able to talk about is starting school. She loves it so far! She did cry for momma for just a few minutes but she managed to overcome her fears thanks to the kindness of her teacher and the familiar faces of some of her swimming buddies. She told us that she played on the swing, shared toys, and made some friends. I asked if they sang songs and she said no which I find hard to believe but she did tell us that they prayed. She also said that the little boy in the yellow shirt (whoever that is) got a sticker but it wasn't her turn and she would get one next week....silly girl. She must have been way too excited to eat because she left her snack untouched and actually ate it around 12:00. This week will be the first full week for both of us. The first full week of waking early, packing lunches, getting ready, fixing hair, etc. Wish us luck!

No comments: