For this child I prayed........ and the Lord hath given me that which I asked of him.

I Samuel 1:27

Friday, December 25, 2009

Missing Him this Christmas



This is our first Christmas without Grandaddy. Although it was joyous it was hard to forget that someone "special" was missing. Raegan said a few days ago, " Momma I want to go see Grandaddy Thomas. He's special." Then before I could utter a word she said, "Oh yeah he's in Heaven with Jesus." She said, "one day I'll get to see Grandaddy again....when I go to Heaven." This moment was bittersweet. Grandaddy was always a glass half full kinda guy. It was in this moment I found joy in knowing that even at 2 years old my baby recognizes the significance of being in Heaven with Jesus. The seed has been planted and she knows that she wants to go to Heaven. What greater gift could a mother desire than to know that her child wants to be with Jesus? For this gift I am thankful. I have been blessed.

No comments: